Sunday, May 15, 2011

Emo Poetry Showcase #1: Bus Stop

So about a year or so back a friend convinced me to check out the cesspool of a social networking site "MyYeabook" if I ever needed a few laughs at the expense of our society’s lowest common denominator. For those of you who are unaware MyYearbook is sort of like Myspace if Myspace dropped all pretenses that people don’t use their site to hook up.

So anyway, they have forums with a subsection titled “poems/stories.” Considering that the primary user base for this website is teenagers and vaguely literate adults trying to hook up with them, this section is a veritable goldmine for awful writing.

I found this poem upon my first time wandering into the site and shared it with a few friends for laughs, but now I want to share it with my readers (do I have those? Blogs have readers right?)
Without further ado, Bus Stop, by Ethan (AKA: “Material Toy”)

I woke up today not seeing your face.
I can’t help but touched where you use to lie.
Gently biting my lips trying not to cry.
I got out bed gently looked out the bedroom window gently sighing as my
tears felled down my face I couldn’t bear the memories.
I just wanted to get out this home of ours I want down stairs not wanting
to look into the living room but I did…
I noticed you left the box with my heart in it while the key was missing I
Can’t help but scream and run out of there.
I didn’t use the car to go to the bus I wanted to walk wanted feel the
coldness against my face as I cried.
I didn’t notice I was bleeding while I was walking to the bus like it
really didn’t matter.
I got to the bus sat down in the middle putting my head upon the window as
my tears failed down my face Once this bus start that where I start pouring
my heart out for you even my tears but end this bus ride I start acting
like I’m okay.
Forgetting all the hurt I feel I can’t be this anymore if I just look
at you’re face all tho I wanted to I miss you so much..

No comments:

Post a Comment