Friday, November 19, 2010

Trending Topics

I’ve been using Twitter for some time now and I’ve begun to notice common themes among the site's trending topics. Too better assist in explaining these themes I've created a list that codifies them in an easy to understand manner. The below list is an illustration of what you’re likely to see in the trendy topics at any given time while using Twitter.

1.       A promoted tweet.
2.       Something about a recently released film or new episode of a popular television series.
3.       Something stereotypically black, which I’m probably too white to appreciate the humor in.
4.       A random, flash-in-the-pan joke.
5.       Something about a politician.
6.       Something about sports that makes no sense to me.
7.       Some kind of Internet activism that I’m too apathetic and cynical to take interest in.
8.       Something about a pop star that I’m too old to care about.
9.       Something else about sports that makes no sense to me.
10.   Something related to one of the other trending topics.

No comments:

Post a Comment